To assist in the administration and direction of all responsibilities associated with the operation of the Area Office at the University of Tennessee. The assistantship is designed to prepare Area Graduate Assistants to gain administrative, budgetary, and advisory skills to help them in future careers.
To assist in the administration and direction of all responsibilities associated with the operation of a residence hall at the University of Tennessee. The assistantship is designed to prepare Assistant Hall Directors to one day assume the role of a full-time professional Hall Director
Check out a day in the life of a University Housing Assistant Hall Director Graduate Assistant!
This assistantship is designed to provide programmatic inspiration and administrative support to our LLCs. This position is influential in the continued growth and development of the individual LLC, student participants, and leadership development of students who serve as LLC Ambassadors on the LLC Advisory Council. This position is supervised by the Assistant Director for Living & Learning Communities.
Check out a day in the life of a University Housing LLC Graduate Assistant!
To assist in the administration and direction of responsibilities associated with the operation of off-campus properties entered into formal partnerships or agreements with the University of Tennessee, Knoxville Department of University Housing. They will have a hand in community-wide communication, provide community development via programs and 1:1 student interaction, and an opportunity to connect with campus partners as needed to ensure the residential students’ transition and succeed in off-campus housing
This assistantship is designed to provide guidance and support for our United Residence Halls Council (URHC) and the NRHH chapters. The Graduate Assistant will serve as the primary advisor for both of these student-led organizations.
Check out a day in the life of a University Housing URHC/NRHH Graduate Assistant!
Take a virtual tour of our Graduate Assistant apartments!
Thank you for your interest in our graduate assistantships! The University Housing graduate assistantship timeline is found below.
- November 1, 2023: Application opens and review of materials begins
- November 8, 2023: Phone interviews begin*
- November 12, 2023: Information session from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Zoom
- November 13, 2023: Information session from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Zoom
- November 16, 2023: Information session from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Zoom
- January 21, 2024: Phone interviews conclude
- January 29, 2024: Priority deadline
- February 2, 2024: Notify candidates of application status
- February 17, 2024: On-campus interviews for invited candidates
- March 2024: Offers for graduate assistantships occur
*Phone interviews for selected candidates occur on a rolling basis during November, December, and January.
College Student Personnel Candidates
- On-campus interviews for invited candidates are held February 16-17, 2024 in Knoxville.
- The deadline for applying to the College Student Personnel program is December 15, 2023.
Applicants should complete an online Graduate Assistant application, which requires a cover letter, resumé, and three references. In order to apply for all graduate assistantships with University Housing, please utilize the following process:
- If you are a current student at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville or have already been admitted to a graduate program, complete an online Graduate Assistantship application.
- If you are not a current student or have not yet been admitted to a graduate program, please email Steve Syoen at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and email address in order to have an account created for you. Once the account is created, you will receive an email with a link to set up a password with eRezlife. You will then be able to complete an online Graduate Assistantship application in eRezlife under “Job Postings” and “Apply Now”
Admission into the desired program by March 2024 is not required for consideration but all offers on employment will be contingent upon admission.
Please check with your program for appropriate deadlines and timelines.