How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in our graduate assistantships. The University Housing Assistantship timeline is below:
- Application opens and review of materials begins on November 2, 2020. The priority deadline for consideration is Sunday, January 24, 2021.
- Phone interviews for selected candidates occur on a rolling basis during November, December, and January.
- November 9th: Phone interviews begin
- January 25th-31st: Last week of phone interviews
- February 2-3rd: Finalize candidates for on-campus interviews
- February 4-5th: Notify candidates
- On-campus interviews for invited candidates are held the weekend of February 18-20, 2021 in Knoxville and coincide with the College Student Personnel (CSP) graduate program interview weekend.
- Interviews for housing assistantships will take place on Saturday, February 20, 2021.
- College Student Personnel candidates may also be interviewed for housing assistantships on Friday, February 19, 2021.
- Offers for the graduate assistantships occur in very early in March.
Applicants for all graduate assistantships with University Housing should complete an online Graduate Assistantship application here, which requires a cover letter, resumé, and three references. Admission into the desired program by March 2020 is not required for consideration but is required before any employee could begin work.
Please check with your program for appropriate deadlines and timelines. The deadline for applying to the College Student Personnel program is December 1, 2020.
Questions about the process or the positions should be directed to:
Kim Hardaway, Assistant Director
Department of University Housing
Magnolia Hall, G040
2107 Andy Holt Ave
Knoxville, TN 37996
Telephone: (865) 974-2451