How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in our graduate assistantships. The University Housing Assistantship timeline is below:
- Application opens and review of materials begins on November 5, 2018. Priority deadline for consideration is Friday, January 25, 2019.
- Phone interviews for selected candidates occur on a rolling basis during November, December, and January.
- On-campus interviews for invited candidates are held the weekend of February 21-23, 2019 in Knoxville and coincide with the College Student Personnel (CSP) graduate program interview weekend.
- Interviews for housing assistantships will take place on Saturday, February 23, 2019.
- College Student Personnel candidates may also be interviewed for housing assistantships on Friday, February 22, 2019.
- Offers for the graduate assistantships occur in very early in March.
Applicants for all graduate assistantships with University Housing should complete an online Graduate Assistantship application here, which requires a cover letter, resumé and three references. Admission into desired program by March 2019 is not required for consideration but is required before any employment could begin.
Please check with your program for appropriate deadlines and timelines. The deadline for applying to the College Student Personnel program is December 1, 2018.
Questions about the process or the positions should be directed to:
Steve Syoen, Assistant Director
Department of University Housing
Magnolia Hall, G040
2107 Andy Holt Ave
Knoxville, TN 37996
Telephone: (865) 974-4201
Area Graduate Assistant Position Description
Assessment Graduate Assistant Position Description (Doctoral program preferred)
Assistant Hall Director Position Description
URHC/NRHH Advisor Graduate Assistant Position Description