Area Graduate Assistant Position Description
To assist in the administration and direction of all responsibilities associated with the operation of the Area Office at the University of Tennessee. The assistantship is designed to prepare Area Graduate Assistants to gain administrative, budgetary, and advisory skills to help them in future careers.
Assistant Hall Director Position Description
To assist in the administration and direction of all responsibilities associated with the operation of a residence hall at the University of Tennessee. The assistantship is designed to prepare Assistant Hall Directors to one day assume the role of a full-time professional Hall Director
LLC Graduate Assistant Position Description
This assistantship is designed to provide programmatic inspiration and administrative support to our LLCs. This position is influential in the continued growth and development of the individual LLC, student participants, and leadership development of students who serve as LLC Ambassadors on the LLC Advisory Council. This position is supervised by the Coordinator for Living & Learning Communities.
Off-Campus Graduate Assistant Position Description
To assist in the administration and direction of responsibilities associated with the operation of off-campus properties entered into formal partnerships or agreements with the University of Tennessee, Knoxville Department of University Housing. They will have a hand in community-wide communication, provide community development via programs and 1:1 student interaction, and an opportunity to connect with campus partners as needed to ensure the residential students’ transition and succeed in off-campus housing
URHC/NRHH Advisor Graduate Assistant Position Description
This assistantship is designed to provide guidance and support for our United Residence Halls Council (URHC) and the NRHH chapters. The Graduate Assistant will serve as the primary advisor for both of these student-led organizations.
Check out a day in the life of a University Housing Assistant Hall Director Graduate Assistant!
Check out a day in the life of a University Housing URHC/NRHH Graduate Assistant!
Check out a day in the life of a University Housing LLC Graduate Assistant!
Take a virtual tour of our Graduate Assistant apartments!
Thank you for your interest in our graduate assistantships. The University Housing Assistantship timeline is below:
- Application opens and review of materials begins on November 1, 2022. The priority deadline for consideration is Wednesday, February 1, 2023.
- Phone interviews for selected candidates occur on a rolling basis during November, December, and January.
- November 1st: Phone interviews begin
- January 30th – February 3rd: Last week of phone interviews
- February 2nd-3rd: Notify candidates
- On-campus interviews for invited candidates are held the weekend of February 16-18, 2023 in Knoxville and coincide with the College Student Personnel (CSP) graduate program interview weekend.
- Interviews for housing assistantships will take place on Saturday, February 18, 2023.
- College Student Personnel candidates may also be interviewed for housing assistantships on Friday, February 17, 2023.
- Offers for graduate assistantships occur very early in March.
Applicants should complete an online Graduate Assistant application, which requires a cover letter, resumé, and three references. In order to apply for all graduate assistantships with University Housing, please utilize the following process:
- If you are a current student at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville or have already been admitted to a graduate program, complete an online Graduate Assistantship application here.
- If you are not a current student or have not yet been admitted to a graduate program, please email Steve Syoen at firstname.lastname@example.org your name and email address in order to have an account created for you. Once the account is created, you will receive an email with a link to set up a password with eRezlife. You will then be able to complete an online Graduate Assistantship application in eRezlife under “Job Postings” and “Apply Now”
Admission into the desired program by March 2022 is not required for consideration but all offers on employment will be contingent upon admission.
Please check with your program for appropriate deadlines and timelines. The deadline for applying to the College Student Personnel program is December 1, 2022.