University Housing is excited to welcome you to the University of Tennessee! Living on campus is an important component of your UT experience, and we are happy you are joining the Volunteer community!
To ensure the quality of the first-year experience, UT requires all first-year students to live on campus. Housing for transfer and returning students is optional, and availability is dependent on vacant space.
Please review our step-by-step instructions below to apply for Spring 2022 housing.
Shortly after confirming your enrollment, University Housing will send an email notification indicating that your contract has been activated. Please follow the instructions below to complete your contract:
- Log in to your University Housing Portal using your NetID and password.
- If you have forgotten your password, click here and follow the instructions provided. Once you re-set your password, return to step one.
- Select Manage My Housing from the top navigation.
- Select the “Contract (Fall 2021- Spring 2022)” option from the available terms.
- Select your building preferences. Staff will assign Spring 2022 applicants in December of 2021, and you will be notified of your housing assignment by email to your VolMail account.
- Once you submit the housing contract, you will have the option to complete a Roommate Matching Profile and browse for potential roommates. Roommate Matching is completely optional.
Are you excited about living on campus, and looking for a roommate who shares that same excitement? Finding a roommate with similar interests, study habits, or hobbies can be a key component to a successful first year on campus. We recognize that not everyone comes to college with a specific roommate in mind, so we offer a tool called a roommate matching tool in your University Housing Portal to connect students with each other for roommate matching!
- Under “Manage My Housing” in your Portal login, select Roommate Matching Profile.
- Your Roommate Matching Code is how your potential roommates will find you. You can also find your potential roommate if you know their Matching Code.
- Make sure that “Display in Roommate Search results” is selected if you want others to be able to find you in the matching system.
- Under Roommate Matching, select Search for Roommates by Details to search for a specific roommate by their Matching Code.
- Make sure and confirm any matching requests with roommates you wish to link with.
Roommate matching is available for roommate pairs only.