Thank you for a great year! We are so glad that you chose to make us your campus home. As the semester begins to wind down, we wanted to share some important updates in preparation for closing the residence halls for the summer.
To ensure a conducive environment during the time leading up to and throughout final exams, 24-hour quiet hours begin at 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 28, and end on Thursday, May 6, at 9:00 p.m. Please respect your neighbors and the community during this time. Concerns over noise should be directed to the Resident Assistants and the front desk.
The residence halls will close to all undergraduate residents at 5:00 p.m., Friday, May 7, and to all graduating seniors at 9:00 p.m., Sunday, May 9, 2021. Requests for exceptions should be only in circumstances where there is not an alternative and should directed to your hall director via e-mail or stopping to see them at least two (2) days in advance. Exceptions to the move-out deadline will be rare and are at the discretion of your Hall Director.
These guidelines will help make check out easier and help minimize the possibility of damage charges to you:
- Check your room now for any damages and report them by completing a Maintenance Request online.
- Please begin to clean your space now. Do not pile trash in the hallways. If you are going home between now and check out, take any non-essential items home.
- If applicable, unbunk/deloft your bed and reassemble the room bed to its original condition.
- Remove all large items such as lumber, carpet, and boxes directly to a dumpster.
- Check to ensure that all university-owned furniture is present and in good condition.
- If applicable, make plans to have the bed frame from your room returned to the space. Some students sign them out and take them home in buildings where that is permitted.
- Each resident is permitted to have no more than two individuals assist them during move-out. Any individual assisting with move-out must wear a face covering at all times when inside the residence hall. These individuals may only be in the residence hall when actively assisting with removing belongings from the residence hall.
- Each resident must pick up an Express Check-out Envelope at the front desk to complete. The resident must return their completed envelope when they have completely moved out.
- Residents in brass key buildings must place their key in the Express Checkout Envelope.
- Carts may be checked out at the main desk by presenting a driver’s license. Please do not stack belongings in the hallway.
- Before you turn in your Express Checkout Envelope be sure you have:
• Removed all belongings from the room.
• Clean your space. Not cleaning your space results in a minimum cleaning fee of $50.00.
• Completed all items listed on the Check-Out Checklist (posted on your door) and sign it.
- Input or update your mail forwarding address in the University Housing portal. This ensures that we can try and forward certain types of USPS mail to you that we receive while the halls are closed. UPS, FedEx, and other package carriers cannot be forwarded. Failing to provide an address will result in all mail received for you being returned to sender. Instructions on how to provide a mail forwarding address can be obtained at your residence hall front desk.
- If you had any items confiscated during the year, you may retrieve them from the Hall Director before you leave.
Thank you for living with University Housing! We wish you well on your final exams and move-out process.