Are you excited about living on campus, and looking for a roommate who shares that same excitement? Finding a roommate with similar interests, study habits, or hobbies can be a key component to a successful first year on campus. We recognize that not everyone comes to college with a specific roommate in mind, so we offer a tool called RoomSync to connect students with each other for roommate matching!
Through RoomSync, University Housing provides you the opportunity to search for, talk to, and connect with potential roommates through an app on Facebook! We are excited for you to engage with other residents and offer the following suggestions to complete the RoomSync process.
- Create a Room Sync application!
- When you begin your application, log in to your Facebook page or click the prompt to continue as yourself.
- Proceed through the application, completing your basic information, contact information, lifestyle preferences, etc.
- Once the application is complete, you will be able to see potential roommate matches!
- When you have matched with a roommate on RoomSync, you will need to make your request official by confirming them in My UT Housing. They will need to confirm you as their preferred roommate as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
A: University Housing provides residents with the RoomSync tool to give them the most independence in making roommate choices for themselves! The RoomSync app is available through Facebook, and allows you to select a roommate based on a variety of preferences and lifestyle choices.
A: Yes! RoomSync allows students to match with other students of different class years, majors, or interests! Confirm your roommates in My UT Housing to ensure you are matched together.
A: You have the option to link your personal Facebook profile, as well as other social media accounts, to your RoomSync profile. You must have a Facebook profile to use RoomSync, but you can control the amount of information that is accessible to other RoomSync users.
Don’t see your question above? Check out the RoomSync Knowledge Base page for more information!