Make sure you are ready for move-in! This to-do list will help on-campus students get ready to move into residence halls. Making sure these items are complete will help ensure a smooth move-in process!
SUBMIT YOUR IMMUNIZATION INFORMATION
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, and/or the State of Tennessee mandate new students meet and submit proof of certain immunization requirements. Requirements include the MMR vaccine, varicella (chicken pox) vaccine, and tuberculosis screening.
Access instructions and forms at tiny.utk.edu/immunization.
All new students must complete this requirement. A form is available to request a medical or religious exemption. If you are living on campus, you will not be permitted to move in until these requirements have been met.
Students can submit their immunization records or the immunization exemption form online using the Student Health patient portal.
Emails will be sent to your UT email letting you know your progress on fulfilling these requirements.
Questions? Contact the Student Health Center at email@example.com or call 865-974-3135.
SCHEDULE YOUR MOVE-IN APPOINTMENT
Move-in dates will be Sunday, August 8 through Tuesday, August 17, and move-in is by appointment only.
- Students registered for participation in certain early-start programs (Sorority Recruitment, Ignite, etc.) will have specific appointments held on the dates of their programs to ensure the availability of move-in opportunities for participants who must arrive on those dates.
- You will be assigned a date/time to log in to the University Housing Portal to schedule your move-in appointment. Access to create move-in appointments will begin in early July.
- You will access the University Housing Portal to schedule a move-in appointment. When you enter the University Housing portal, select the “Fall 2021 Move-In Appointment” tab on the home page, and follow instructions to schedule a move-in appointment.
- Move-in appointment windows are specific to each residence hall. Move-in appointment windows will be in three-hour increments beginning at 7 a.m. and ending at 10 p.m. daily.
- Once you schedule a move-in appointment, make note of your appointment date/time as you will only be permitted to move in during your specific move-in appointment window.
UPLOAD YOUR VOLCARD PHOTO AND ACTIVATE YOUR VOLCARD
Before arriving on Rocky Top, you’ll need to download your VolCard, your university ID. This is a two-step process. Step one is to upload a personal picture to your online account using your NetID and password. Keep in mind, photo uploads can take up to 24 hours to be approved so you should complete this task as soon as possible. You’ll receive a confirmation email from the VolCard Office to your Volmail account. Once your photo has been approved, step two is to download your VolCard to your mobile device.
Visit volcard.utk.edu for step-by-step instructions. You must activate your VolCard before your move-in appointment.
PURCHASE YOUR PARKING PERMIT
If you plan to bring a vehicle with you this fall, be sure you have the right parking permit! Visit parking.utk.edu for additional information about what permit to purchase and where you can park.
CONFIRM YOUR MEAL PLAN
First-year students have the option to select from two meal plans. Visit dining.utk.edu to be sure you have the meal plan you want this fall.
PAY YOUR BILL AT ONE STOP
Avoid the last-minute rush to pay off your account balance by taking care of it when you move in! Once you’ve gotten unpacked and settled in, pay online with an e-check or head over to One Stop and pay off your account balance so you can relax and enjoy campus before classes start instead of worrying about the payment deadline (August 16, just in case you didn’t remember)!