Leadership and service are core values at the University of Tennessee. As Volunteers, we have a greater responsibility to each other and the community. The Leadership & Service Living & Learning Community (LLC) will provide the opportunity to develop and enhance your leadership skills and style through leadership education and service. You will connect and form relationships with others who share your interest in developing into leaders and are passionate about giving back to the local community. You will also be able to learn from other students’ leadership experiences and develop a greater awareness of diverse perspectives.
The Leadership & Service LLC is located in Massey Hall for the 2019-2020 academic year. Please note that hall locations are subject to change.
This community is open to all first-year students who share an interest in leadership development and serving the community. Students in this community are held to the following requirements:
- Enroll in a Fall First Year Studies section specifically reserved for Leadership & Service Community Students. The class will be a small seminar which includes students in your community and focuses on introductory-level leadership theory and practice, as well as campus and community involvement.
- Enroll in a Spring Leadership Seminar Course focusing specifically on the practices of Servant Leadership, social justice, and using leadership to better communities.
- Participate in the following leadership and service programs coordinated by the Center for Leadership & Service:
- One session of Ignite: Knox, Leadership Summit, or Serves
- MLK Jr. Day of Service
- Clifton M. Jones Leadership Conference
- Attend the Fall Leadership & Service Living and Learning Community kick-off event.
- Participate in the Fall and Spring group service projects.
- Complete 15 hours of community service tracked through the CLS’s trackyourhours.utk.edu service over the course of the academic year.
Center for Leadership and Service
Phone: (865) 974-1039