With a record number of first-year students required to live on campus, we are working to find housing options to accommodate all students. As a result, we are offering a limited number of Laurel Hall residents the option to sign up for private, off-campus apartments close to campus at on-campus rates.
Options have not been finalized, but any option will include the following features:
- Off-campus apartments will have a private bedroom, a private bathroom, and are furnished.
- Apartments will have in-suite laundry, and all utilities including cable and internet are provided.
- Eligible students will have the option to maintain residency in an off-campus unit until July 31, 2022, at no additional cost.
- Eligible students will pay the Laurel double shared rate for fall and spring terms, reducing your double private rate from $4,545 per semester to $3,525 per semester.
- Eligible students will have the option to select your new apartment space and live with your requested roommate.
The offer has been provided to rising juniors, seniors, and graduate students assigned to double private space in Laurel Hall. Eligible students have received an email to let them know they about the option.
Students that move from Laurel double private rooms will pay the lower Laurel double shared rate for the fall and spring semesters.
We are working to secure apartment space within walking distance of campus.
Parking and Transit Services will work directly with Laurel Hall residents who choose to move to address questions regarding current parking permits. Requests for changes to current UT parking permits can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, and the staff will address parking needs and changes on an individual basis.
Questions about existing meal plans can be answered by UT Dining by calling 865-974-4111 or emailing email@example.com.
Yes, you can keep your same roommate. However, the new apartments will be four-bedroom units and you will have additional suitemates.
All utilities, including cable and internet, are provided at no additional charge.
No. Your contract will remain with University Housing, and all terms and conditions of that agreement will apply. You may maintain access to your off-campus apartment after the end of the spring 2022 semester through July 31, 2022, at no additional cost.
Email Richard Swearingen, associate director for administrative services, at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your accommodation needs.
You will select your apartment through the University Housing Portal.
Students can contact the University Housing office at 865-974-2571.