6324 Papermill Drive, Knoxville, TN 37919
Academic-year lease through University Housing for placement in an off-campus apartment.
The University of Tennessee is investing in additional housing by securing the full Holiday Inn Express at Papermill Drive for this academic year to provide an affordable housing option for transfer students in a high-demand housing market.
The Holiday Inn will operate as a residence hall on campus and will have an on-site hall director and resident assistants to provide social and educational programming.
- On-site laundry will be offered at no charge.
- Hotel staff will clean bathrooms every other week. Students are responsible for cleaning their own rooms.
- The University of Tennessee will be operating the Holiday Inn Express, and only UT students will be assigned to stay in the hotel while under university management. The main entrance will be locked at night, and the front desk will be staffed by UT employees.
Each room is furnished with:
- Double rooms have queen-sized beds, and single rooms have king-sized beds
- Desk (additional desk will be provided in double rooms)
- Desk chairs
- Closet (Additional wardrobe will be provided in double rooms)
- Trash can
- Flat-screen TV
|Room Type||Bed Capacity|
Students with a housing contract living at the Holiday Inn Express will have the option to purchase an academic year commuter parking pass at a 50% discount on the commuter pass rate. Holiday Inn Express students must purchase their commuter pass in person at Parking & Transit Services.
Parking is available at the Holiday Inn.
The route will run daily with two buses from 7 a.m. until 10 p.m. from Holiday Inn Express to Gate 21. The first departure from Holiday Inn Express will be at 7 a.m. and will depart every 20 minutes thereafter. The last departure from Holiday Inn Express and Gate 21 will be at 9:40 p.m.
The route will run on weekend days with one bus from 11 a.m. until 7 p.m. The first departure from Holiday Inn Express will be at 11 a.m. and will depart every hour thereafter at the top of the hour. The last pick up at Holiday Inn Express will be at 6 p.m. and the last pick up at Gate 21 going to Holiday Inn Express will be at 6:40 p.m.
Students may select any type of meal plan, including commuter meal plans. Additionally, there will be a free grab-and-go station provided at various times during the day.