The Engage Leadership Team (ELT) is a team of upper-division engineering students that are committed to providing positive experiences and support for first-year engineering students living in the Engage LLC (engineering dorm). Members of the ELT are current engineering students who understand the challenges of being a first-year student in an engineering program.
The ELT is committed to providing Engage LLC students with mentoring, academic support, personal and professional development, and a connected community in their first year of engineering school. Members of the Engage Leadership Team live in 4 bedroom apartments in the LLC, currently housed in Geier Hall. All locations are subject to change.
- Serve as role models and lead by example both inside and outside the classroom
- Serve as a connection to first-year students in the Engage LLC
- Are active members of the UT community
- Encourage and support academic achievement
- Promote an inclusive environment
- Provide LLC students with personal and professional development opportunities
- Give back to the UTK and Knoxville community through service and outreach
- Provide a strong sense of community and support through organized activities
ELT member responsibilities include:
- Periodically checking in with mentees
- Staffing study session hours in the LLC dorm, 3-5x per semester
- Serving on an ELT committee to provide programming for the engage LLC
- Enrolling in EF302, our 1-hour Fall leadership course