The health and safety of our residence halls is our top priority.
University Housing is offering virtual resources to current and future residents to promote social distancing. In addition, we have updated our cleaning protocols to limit the spread of COVID-19.
For updates regarding UT’s response to coronavirus (COVID-19), visit utk.edu/coronavirus.
We want to stay in contact with our future Vols and make sure that your questions are addressed in person! Based on guidance from the university, all in-person housing tours have been suspended until further notice to protect the health of you and our broader community. Please refer to the UT coronavirus website for the most up-to-date information.
You can now tour a showroom on campus via Zoom! Different halls are featured each day, and a University Housing staff member will be available to answer your questions.
To ensure the health and safety of our residential community, University Housing is providing proper training to employees, providing protective gear, and enhancing cleaning services in all residence halls.
We have been safely working throughout the pandemic to provide enhanced cleaning and disinfection in an effort to kill germs and maintain cleanliness. Our staff has been comprehensively trained on COVID-19 and associated cleaning protocols:
- Our staff has received extensive training on the use and mandatory requirements of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- We have increased our frequency of wiping down high-touch surfaces (walls, handrails, doors, knobs/handles, picture and bulletin board frames, public areas, elevator lobbies, buttons, etc.) at least 3 times per day with approved disinfectant dual-purpose cleaners. In addition, these products are used in all private, suite, and community-style bathrooms.
University Housing will continue to clean residential areas on normal schedules:
- Multiple times a day:
- Public areas including lobbies, conference rooms, multi-purpose rooms, music rooms, recreation rooms, weight rooms, study rooms, and lounges.
- All surfaces including, but not limited to: fixtures, call buttons, walls, card readers, picture and bulletin board frames, knobs/handles, rails, elevators, lobbies, stairwells, laundry rooms, kitchens, and trash rooms.
- Twice a day:
- Residence hall restrooms, including public restrooms and community-style hall restrooms (Hess Hall, Magnolia Hall, Massey Hall, Orange Hall).
- Additional cleaning materials will be available in community-style restrooms for students to utilize between twice daily cleanings if desired.
- Suite-style residence hall bathrooms (Brown Hall, North and South Carrick Halls, Reese Hall, Clement Hall, Stokely Hall, Dogwood Hall, and Magnolia Hall).
Detailed plans for Move-In 2020 are currently being developed.
Students living in the residence halls will sign up for a move-in appointment and will move in during their designated time. Additional information to sign up for an appointment will be sent to students living in the residence halls in mid-July.
Residence hall move-in appointments are tentatively scheduled to start on August 9th and will continue through August 15th. There will be additional move-in appointments available until August 19th for returning students.