Submit Maintenance Request
- All maintenance requests are submitted online and a University Housing staff member will respond to your request within twenty-four hours.
- Emergencies and lock and key requests MUST go to the front desk for processing. Emergencies include, but are not limited to, floods/bad leak, elevators, power outages, disasters, etc.
- If you are having trouble logging into our work order website, we suggest you delete all cookies, temporary files and history from your browser. Once you have completed this task, please try again.
Each residence hall room comes equipped with cable and computer connections. The maintenance staff in each building responds to requests for service. The front desk in each residence hall is staffed twenty-four hours a day, with attention to your safety and security. Mail is delivered daily to your post office box located in the lobby of your residence hall.
- You will be issued a key at the beginning of the year during check-in, and you are responsible for that key the rest of the year. You should keep your key with you at all times. Some important notes about your keys:
- Keep the keys with you at all times. Your keys should never be left in a hiding place outside your room.
- If you are locked out of your room, take your VolCard to the main desk to request a lockout key. The lockout key must be returned to the main desk within the time specified by the office assistant. If it is not, we assume you have lost your key and we will order a new door lock and keys.
- Report all lost keys immediately to the main desk of your hall so that we can assure your safety and that of your roommate and your belongings.
- If you lose your key or fail to return a lockout key in the time specified, a new lock core and new keys will be ordered for your room. New keys will be available at the main desk after the new core is installed. Your account will be billed $35 for the cost of a new lock core. Note: residence hall staff members will not open another resident’s room for you at any time.
Post offices are located in all residence halls. Mail is delivered every day except Sundays and holidays. If you receive a package, a notice will be emailed to your UT e-mail account, and you may pick up the package during posted hours. Your mailbox number is the same as your room number.
Your Box Number
Your Hall Street Address
Knoxville, TN 37916
Bring your television! Telephone Services offers cable television (VolVision) in all residence hall rooms, included in your housing contract. VolVision offers seventy channels including MTV, ESPN, the History Channel, TLC, WTBS, BET, CMT, and others. All residence hall lobby televisions have VolVision cable service.
A variety of athletic equipment, games, cleaning supplies, and kitchen utensils may be checked out at the main desk of your hall with identification (not your VolCard). Items vary, so consult your main desk. Use of computer rooms, music rooms, kitchens, sunroofs, and other areas require a driver’s license.
High efficiency washing machines and dryers are located in each hall. The cost to wash or dry a load of laundry is included in residents’ rent. Please remember to remain with your belongings at all times. University Housing is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Generally, residents are responsible for their room, suite, or apartment areas. All public areas of the residence halls are cleaned on a regular basis by the housekeeping staff. Your cooperation with these staff members will aid them in making your environment a more attractive and pleasant place to live. Community bathrooms are cleaned by the housekeeping staff daily, while suite baths are cleaned once a week by the staff. In Laurel and Volunteer Hall, residents are responsible for cleaning the apartment in which they reside.
Preventive maintenance personnel are located in each hall, and work in conjunction with the housekeeping and residence life staff to provide a safe and comfortable environment. To request a repair, place your request online from the Housing homepage.
Most vending machines operate either with cash or with your VolCard. Refunds for money lost in a vending machine may be requested by using the vendor contact information provided on the machine. Please report when a vending machine is out of order to the main desk. This will help us provide a better service to you.
Dining with friends is an integral part of your college experience. Whether it’s a quick bite on the go or a casual sit-down with your friends, a meal plan makes it easy to refuel and connect. Meal plans are loaded on your student ID, making it one little card with big advantages.
Meal plans are designed to provide value and make your life easier. UT offers everything from restaurant-style dining to convenience stores and coffee shops to enhance your dining experience. We continuously create new great tastes, offering traditional American cuisine, international fare, low-fat, low-carb, and vegetarian options, as well as comfort foods. We also have your favorite popular national brands like Pizza Hut, Subway, Chick-fil-A, Starbucks, Einstein Bros. Bagels, Quiznos, Twisted Taco, Qdoba and McAlister’s Deli to name a few.
Enrolling in a meal plan ensures you have the opportunity to eat healthy, well-balanced meals and allows you to enjoy the great tastes on campus with friends.
- A convenient and safe way to obtain meals on campus
- Guaranteed all-you-care-to-eat meals and the flexibility of a la carte purchasing
- Student nutrition educator on staff to consult on special dietary needs
- Secure spending—no worries about carrying cash
- No tax on food purchases using your Dining Dollars
- Prepaid at the beginning of each semester
Concentrate on school and leave the dining to us. Visit the Volunteer Dining website for more information.