Coming Fall 2018
The Wellness Living and Learning Community will promote activities that enable students become more aware of/and fulfill their personal interests in the various dimensions of wellness. The dimensions of wellness that could be included in the Wellness LLC include: intellectual, fitness & physical, mental/emotional, occupational, financial, relational, spiritual, and environmental. The Wellness LLC will provide a healthy living environment in which students can make healthy lifestyle choices that promote student success, increase student retention and engagement, and foster a lifetime of health and wellness.
The purpose of the Health & Wellness Living Learning Community is to provide a community that promotes wellness while supporting individual students in the development of lifetime healthy lifestyles. The areas of wellness focused on in the community include general wellness, healthy eating, hydration, physical activity, stress management, and self-care. The Wellness LLC will be a community in which students develop an enhanced wellness perspective via learning from the experiences of their peers, modeling their own wellness perspective to others, and living in an environment that cues and reinforces positive wellness choices.
- Enroll in the Nutrition 100 course (fall semester).
- Attend mandatory community group meetings as arranged
- Participate in monthly wellness related thematic events/activities, which may include service-learning projects, a health & wellness symposium, guest speakers, etc…
- Maintain or improve their overall wellness during their time in the community
- Complete a health risk assessment and behavior change reflection
- Maintain a satisfactory GPA per semester (3.0 or higher).
- Abide by the University of Tennessee standards of conduct found in Hilltopics.
The Wellness LLC is open to all incoming first-year students.
The Wellness LLC is sponsored by the Center for Health Education & Wellness, the Department of Nutrition, the College of Social Work, the Center for Physical Activity & Health, and RecSports.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org